Chester Borelli Memorial Scholarship Fund
|Recipients||Scholarship Criteria||Make A Donation||Apply Now!|
Chester was one of the initial organizing members of PASC. He served on many committees and was twice PASC President.
Chester also served for the National Society of Public Accountants (now known as NSA) as District IX Governor, 2nd Vice President, 1st Vice President and President as well as serving on the Board as Past President, 1964-1973.
He continued to serve on various committees as both member and chairman until his death in November, 1991. When the Scholarship Fund organizers began the fund raising effort in August, 1992, PASC provided the seed money. People at the National level then supported the project. Other fund raising efforts were then implemented.
The organizers wish to extend thanks to those who knew Chester both in Colorado and nationally, Agri-Biz Plan, TMI and Pikes Peak Chapter of PASC.
Now that the Scholarship Fund has been established, our second scholar will be selected in the spring of 2002. National criteria can be found by following the NSA link below.
July, 2002 Update: The Chapters have donated a total of $6,000 to PASC in order for PASC to purchase a $5,000 Stone at NSA Headquarters Learning Tree and to donate an additional $1,000 to the corpus of the Chester Borelli Memorial Scholarship Fund.
- A Colorado resident attending a Colorado college.
- A Colorado resident attending a college of their choice.
- A non-resident attending a Colorado college.
Who is eligible?
- An undergraduate student majoring in accounting at a U.S. accredited two- or four-year college.
- An applicant having a "B" or higher overall grade-point average.
- An applicant who is a U.S. or Canadian citizen attending a U.S. accredited school.
The $1,000 scholarship is awarded to an accounting student entering his or her third or fourth year of studies. The $500 scholarship is awarded to an accounting student entering his or her second year of studies.
For an application packet, do one of the following...
- Contact the accounting department or financial aid office at your school.
- Visit the NSA website.
- Call 800-966-6679.